Keywords of the Lucca DOP quality criteria
- Free acidity not higher than 0.5% (max. concentr. of free fatty acids 0.5 g/100 g).
- Peroxides max. 12
- Color: yellow, tending towards a variably deep shade of green
- Odor: fruity olive fragrance, from mild to medium
- Taste: sweet, with a slightly bitter and pungent aftertaste
Frantoio: max. 90%
Leccino: max. 30%
Others: max. 15%
- Max. 70 hectares of olive orchard
- Max. 20 kg of olives per tree
- Max 19% oil yield
Olives must be transported to the mill inside ventilated crates and be pressed within two days from picking. The pressing process lasts 50 minutes and must not exceed a temperature of 28 C. This process is computer-monitored. Olive weight, temperature, speed, pressure, oil weight, yield, date and time are recorded for each pressing cycle. A pressing cycle requires at least 300 kg of olives.